Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

The house is eerily quiet....and crazily clean......makes me wonder what is about to happen.
For 21 years we have lived in this house...full of noise and mess. Now, you clean the kitchen and it stays clean.....the den floor only requires a broom on any given day...and there is no laundry flowing out of hampers...it is wierd.

The worst room in the house is still sitting untouched. My fear is I will get everything out and have nowhere to put the stuff I want to keep...so it will all go right back in. Therefore, I am procrastinating. I have a feeling this room will definately be the storm I have been sensing.

The experts say to make a plan. I have been trying...but none seem to make sense. The junk room is so daunting there appears to be no real palusible way to conquer it. I wonder if I could get the clean sweep folks over for a day or two?

My best friend has a trailer. She says I can unload everything onto the trailer, cover it up and go get a box or two each evening to go through. That makes sense, but I am afraid the trailer will kill the grass and my spouse will have a coronary. I keep telling myself I can clean out the attic to make room for the precious stuff in the junk room.....but it is just too hot to clean out the attic....

Today, however, it is cool outside...perfect day to clean the attic and where am I? Blogging about how I have not finished the house because the junk room is too overwhelming...

I think maybe I will take just one more day to enjoy the calm...because the storm is definately coming!

No comments: