Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Not-So-Perfect Storm

Today is July 19, 2010. I found my blog and as I sit reading, I can hardly stop the tears. Amazing how prophetic the last entry was. Two months after it was written, my husband of almost 26 years asked for a divorce. It was not a surprise...in fact, we both knew it was coming...but no matter how prepared you are, it is still a huge ....adjustment. A storm....with loud thunder and scary lightning. At 49....alone...starting over....with a big empty house of bankers boxes and photographs asking me "what now?" I had 5 kids (including my precious son-in-law) and a grandson that now had to learn to divide and conquer on every holiday and special occasion that came around.
The junk room still looming, was now laughing hysterically. Not only did I have to conquer it...I had to get ready to move it and everything else in the house....to a place of...my own. First things being first, I found a new job, moved 2 hours away and filed the papers...wondering the entire time....how was it that just yesterday, my biggest fear was how to clean out the junk room? How ironic was it that the woman who had such a hard time throwing away anything that contained a memory....just threw out 26 years...and could not salvage it from the junk pile?

No comments: